Product Development Manager
Plena Global Holdings Inc. is a medical cannabis production company meeting the soaring demands of a rapidly expanding global marketplace with cGMP grade medical cannabis products and assets.
Based in Victoria, Canada, the Plena team has broad experience in the industry and brings together some of the world’s top cannabis horticulturists, extraction specialists, and medical leaders.
With expansive farmland assets across South America, Europe, Asia and Africa dedicated to
We are experiencing a period of exciting and significant growth and are looking to add to our team of talented, independent, collegial and achievement-oriented people.
Plena currently has an opportunity for a Product Development Manager in our Victoria BC office.
- Provide leadership/direction for Canadian Consumer Products Division Product Development, including (but not limited to) team and project management,
problem solving, risk assessment, establishing best practices, partnering with business team to influence strategy.
- Cascade critical functional OGSM’s (objectives, goals, strategies and measures) to the Product Development team.
- Execute plans for continuous improvement and create new and innovative strategies necessary to consistently meet our customer’s expectations (internal and external).
- Coordinate and direct the activities of technical staff, including new product development, sensory testing, shelf life determination, commercialization, and other projects assigned (such as reformulation, brand maintenance and cost optimization of existing products).
- Establish product development priorities through close coordination with
cross functionalbusiness team.
- Provide appropriate coaching and development for technical staff, including assigning, training and motivating team members to assure maximum effectiveness.
- Participate in development and tracking of departmental budgets
- Represent Product Development team internally (e.g. on
cross functionalbusiness team) and externally (e.g. with customers, suppliers) with credibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preference to those with an MBA
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management
- Project Management Certifications or Six Sigma preferred
- Product Development experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify innovative opportunities and provide leadership for execution
Looking for more information about us? Please visit us online at www.plena-global.com
If interested in this opportunity, please forward your details
Plena-Global is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within our company. We welcome all applications from qualified individuals and thank all applicants in advance for showing an interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.